Sunday, September 1, 2013

Halloween Tablescape Past

I was going through some pictures on my computer, and ran across my Halloween Tablescape from last year.  I love how it turned out.  My daughter Kristin and Grand Daughter Kaitlyn came over and helped me put it together.  Kris tied the beautiful ribbon on the witch's hat.  I had a lighted garland I found at Home Goods, so we wrapped that around a white pumpkin, adorned with that hat.
I thought it made the perfect centerpiece!


I had some gold chargers.  I made the decision to paint them black.  Loved them for the Halloween table, but regretted that decision all year whenever I wanted gold chargers.  I finally found some new gold chargers at an estate sale last week.  The wheat design dishes came from Home Goods.  The black salad plate from an estate sale.  The pumpkin tureens came from both Marshall's and Home Goods. Napkins and napkin rings from the same estate sale.


Outside decor. Gathered over the years...including the husband sitting in the chair waiting for Trick or Treaters, LOL.


One of the Halloween Dinner guests.  He's been waiting for me to cook.


Kris and Katie helped me arrange my hutch.  Normally, it would have all white or white and cobalt blue...will be difficult to try to arrange it differently this year.


The "Blue Hour" as my favorite blogger Susan, from "Between Naps On The Porch" calls it.  It is that very short time before darkness, when the sky photographs as blue.  I didn't intentionally try to capture it, so it was a surprise to see it.  The "window spooks" are made from plastic black tablecloths, cut to the size of the window, and then the faces of the spooks cut out.  You tape white plastic compactor bags behind the cut out faces.  Tape to the window, and put a light behind them.  Have used them for years and years now.  I'm hoping to put something in the double center window this year.


A view of a table setting.  Can you see the bat placemats?  I bought a runner at Home Goods and cut it down into four placemats.  I used the iron on tape to close the edges, so I didn't have to sew.


One of the pumpkin tureens that I purchased separately, turned out to be a little larger in size.  So I put candy corn in it.  The pretty clear glass votives were estate sale find.  I put the centerpiece on a cake stand to elevate it a bit.


I learned that bloggers who post tablescapes always have the obligatory "rim shot"...so here's mine!  The flatware was found at an estate sale. 

Another Halloween Dinner guest...he won't eat much...eats like a scarecrow! LOL  The Pumpkin Tea Pot was also an estate sale find.


Another view of the "Window Spook".


The crystal is what you might call my wedding crystal.  The very first that I ever had.  It is Val St. Lambert and the pattern is Balmoral.  My husband earned points for selling Thermo-king units when he worked for Fruehauf Corporation.  He used his points to buy me this crystal.  I have always cherished it.  I met him on my sixteenth birthday and we've  been married since 1957.  My!  How many years is that?  We've lost track and I'm afraid to count them as I hope for so many more with him.


The tablecloth came from Home Goods. The little beaded pumpkin decorations came from Ross. Halloween cups on the hutch from TJ Maxx years ago. I love that Pumpkin pitcher on the hutch.  An estate sale find again.

I hate the glare from the light over the table.  This year, I hope we have a different one hanging there.  We bought two at an estate sale a week ago.  I hope I like whichever one we choose to hang...if not...I'll be saying the same thing about the new one, LOL  I hate the glare!


One of the "Window Spooks" with a different look!  This year, I'm thinking of a flying witch for the two center windows...or maybe some bats and a rat or two?


Well, this was Halloween 2012...Got to start thinking about what I can do differently for Halloween 2013!
I do so love tablescapes and I can't wait to see what the bloggers who also make them do for this Halloween.  They are all so creative!

Joyce aka SpyderLady 
(my name when I made stationery for Incredimail...and it stuck).

3 comments:

  1. Love this post - so many adorable and creative ideas here! All of your collected pieces are wonderful and those dinner guests are a "hoot". Thanks for sharing this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Halloween decor last year is gorgeously spooky, Joyce. How creative! How nice that you have help also. I love your tablescape. I have those white individual pumpkin tureens but have not used them them. Thank you so much for stopping by and I have to tell you that your comment is the nicest one I have ever gotten. You are so kind and so sweet. I read it to my husband. Thank you again,....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look, and I love the care you put into it--but my favorite part was the little aside about meeting your husband when you were 16, and the number of years you've had together. What a lovely inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete